2010 ALL COPYRIGHTS RESERVED By Anita Woodley . Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dancing with my 110-year old Tikar Elder

One of my favorite moments in my Tikar village located in N'Ditam was dancing with an 110-year-old elder in an outside hut. After we danced he sat down and told me of a time when he was 8, and white men came to our village to borrow workers. The chief agreed to let them go to earn money. The people of the village had no idea they'd never return. He told me that this happened many times before he was born and thought his years growing up.

He then told me words that will forever stay in my heart through translation, "You were stolen so do not feel bad about not being here. You were stolen from us and we are glad to have you back home. You are like a ghost that has finally come home. It has been so long."

It was at that moment that I had arrived Honey!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh! Anita, Sis, I LOOOVE this. You are such a beautiful spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Followers